Tuesday, January 10, 2012

fiji meets america

Adonia and Nina have been working on their visas, raising support, and searching for warm clothes for months now. On December 20, Adonia flew into Columbus and spent some time at with me before heading down to Cincinnati for a couple days and then to Indianapolis Christmas Conferece.


I introduced her to Chick-Fil-A.

And buckeyes!







one time I found Adonia with earmuffs on in my bedroom... I think the cold was getting to her.







I couldn't decide my favorite Christmas gift: a visit with adonia all the way from Fiji... or the rugby ball she brought me!








"get a picture with me and the highway."

"umm, okay adonia."







INDYCC - a five-day Cru conference with students from schools all over Ohio, Indiana, and Michigan. The theme of the conference was God is Greater Than. I was so excited for Adonia and Nina to get to attend a conference where I learned so much throughout college!





and that's where I met up with the one and only NINA TAMANI!

She got me totally lost one night, wandering around downtown indianapolis looking for where I parked my car.









the gang: adonia, nina, tuma, and Tuma's american host, brian!







Adonia, Nina, and Tuma are currently checking out Cali for a bit, before heading back to Fiji on January 11. I'm really excited to hear about the impact they have at USP this year and how god uses what they learned at the conference and during their time in America.

2 comments:

  1. Gonna really miss having you around USP Kori. Hope we get to meet up again sometime soon... all the best with your future endeavours. Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The earmuffs... "Oh mah gesh" Lol seriously Kori for the blog? lol & send me the pictures I don't have like the highway one :) Btw, I don't think it was Nina's fault, the parker should know where she parks her car :P

    ReplyDelete

STINT team fiji!

STINT team fiji!
meet my team! top (L to R): mary, brian, jenny, dave, myself, rob